SharePoint 2016 Power User
Delivery Options: Attend face-to-face in the classroom, remote-live or via on-demand training.
Face-to-face or remote-live: £1345
Discounts: We offer multiple discount options. Click here for more information.
Face-to-face or remote-live: 3 Days
On-demand: Approximately 21 hours of coursework with personal facilitation, to be completed in a four week span.
Face-to-face or remote-live: Click here
to view our schedules and register for face-to-face or remote-live sessions.
On-demand: Click here
to register for on-demand training with personal facilitation, on a start date of your choosing.
Students Will Learn
- Creating and configuring Web applications, site collections and sites
- Adding lists and libraries to sites for information sharing and collaboration
- Creating and managing SharePoint pages and Web parts
- Configuring site collection and site navigation settings
- Creating and configuring SharePoint site content parameters
- Using views to customize SharePoint site browsing
- Managing user access to site collections, sites, lists and libraries
- Using workflows to automate business rules
- Configuring Microsoft Office document check-out and versioning
- Using Business Connectivity Services to display database tables as SharePoint Web content
This introductory hands-on SharePoint 2016 Power User training course thoroughly covers out-of-the-box features of SharePoint and how to customize these features to make the most of your SharePoint environment. The course begins with an overview of SharePoint system architecture, then moves on to creating SharePoint Web sites. From there, students will deploy navigation solutions for users to easily locate data. Students learn how to create new sites from scratch, as well as from built-in templates. Pages and web parts are then added to sites to provide greater flexibility to the way SharePoint is presented to users.
Included are techniques for using lists to promote information sharing, creating surveys, managing tasks and projects, as well as sharing calendars. Document and file management is also covered, including content approval, managing major and minor file versions and document checkout & check-in.
Students will learn how to use built-in workflows, as well as how to display database records on SharePoint sites using Business Connectivity Services (BCS).
Comprehensive hands on exercises illustrate the concepts and techniques presented, and provide practice creating common SharePoint components.
Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows desktop operating system environment (Windows 8.1 or later). Basic understanding of NTFS file & folder structure and network access is required to learn SharePoint 2016.
- Categories of SharePoint Sites
- Creating and Managing New Web Applications
- Creating and Managing Site Collections
- Creating Sites for Meetings
- Creating Sites to Support Teams
- Understanding and Using SharePoint Web Database
- Setting up Site Navigation Systems
|Effectively Using Lists
- Using Lists for Information Sharing
- Creating Shared Calendars, Tasks, Announcements and Other Lists
- Creating Custom Lists From Scratch
- Creating New Lists Based on Templates
- Creating and Using Surveys
- Adding Custom Columns to Lists
- Creating Custom Views of Lists
|Libraries and Document Management
- Allowing Users to Share Files and Documents with Libraries
- Configuring Content Approval of Library Entries
- Setting up Check-In/Check-Out to Enforce Exclusive Access to Documents
- Managing Major and Minor File Changes
- Saving Past Versions of Files
- Fully Customizing Libraries
- Creating Custom Views of Libraries
- Setting Validation Rules for New Library Entries
|Automating Business Rules with Workflows
- Using Built-in Workflows
- Creating Workflows Using Internet Explorer
- Creating Workflows Using SharePoint Designer
- Configuring Workflows to Start Automatically
- Managing, Editing and/or Deleting Existing Workflows
|Pages and Web Parts
- Adding Pages to Sites
- Understanding SharePoint's Built-in Web Parts
- Adding Web Parts to Sites
- Customizing Web-Parts and Pages
- Creating Wiki Pages, Publishing Pages and Web-Part Pages
- Creating Site Navigation Systems
|Managing Site Appearance
- Adding and Removing SharePoint Site Features
- Using Themes to Customize Page Colors and Fonts
- Using Picture Files to Standardize Corporate Logos
|Microsoft Office Integration
- Understanding SharePoint's Integration With MS-Office
- Setting Up Shortcuts to SharePoint Libraries
- Using Document Sets to Manage Groups of Files
|SQL Database Integration with Business Connectivity Services
- Understanding Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
- Integrating External Data Content Using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Displaying SQL Records on SharePoint Sites
- Updating SQL Content Using SharePoint Lists in Internet Explorer
- Updating SQL Content Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
Great class. I highly recommend HOTT for training. I have taken 2 classes from HOTT and have been very pleased with the two classes, the information covered, the knowledge of the teacher and the class materials.
— S.W., Intergraph
Very well organized virtual class, my instructor was available when I needed help.
— B.W., U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Choose a city below to view a schedule and registration options. If you have any questions, please call us at 1.800.413.0939 between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.